Towers Literary Magazine
Publishing original work since 1939, Towers is Northern Illinois University’s annual literary and creative arts magazine. Printed every spring, Towers is named after the university’s Altgeld Hall, the "Castle on the Hill."
Originally created by the Xi Delta Chapter of Sigma Tau Delta and the journalistic fraternity of Nu Iota Pi, the student staffed organization has spread throughout the entire NIU campus.
The magazine currently publishes five genres: fiction, nonfiction, poetry, drama, and artwork. Any full-time Northern Illinois University student, regardless of major, is welcome to submit in any genre.
Each student’s piece is reviewed based on originality, quality, and student interest.
- After entries have been formatted correctly, they must be submitted via email to email@example.com. No hard copies are necessary.
- Entries must be emailed in Rich Text Format.
- Entries should include a coversheet with the following information:
- Phone Number (Towers may need to contact you regarding your entry; please be available)
- Email Address
- Word Count of Entry
- Category of Entry (Nonfiction, Fiction, etc.)
- Title of Entry
- Brief Description of Entry (Max. 100 words)
Running Header Format
- Each page of the entry, excluding the coversheet, should contain a header (on the top right corner of the page) with the entry's title (abbreviated if necessary) followed by the page number. Please note, once again, that the author's name may not appear anywhere in the work.
Digital archive created by Carl Nadig with the coordination of Founders Memorial Library in 2014
Issue 56 (Not Found)
Issue 52 (Not Found)